Thursday, May 2, 2013

More Full Albums

I have to admit, I do have a hard time listening all the way through a whole album sometimes. I just get too itchy to switch it up. But that doesn't seem too strange to me. I imagine most people feel that way. You just have to find those elite, all-time classic albums that just deliver hits all the way through from start to finish. Well, I'll say this, it doesn't have to deliver all hits. It can have some average songs, as long as it doesn't go through any completely unlistenable stretches.

ZZ Ward
(Lauren's suggestion, weak)
But it can't just mire in mediocrity either. Listening to three mediocre songs on an album represents 10 minutes of my life that I could have spent listening to silence instead of mediocre music, ya know? I just said "mediocre" three times. Meaty ochre. Serengeti's Standing Still, which I mentioned the other day, falls into this category...

Right now I have on ZZ Ward, 11 Roses (Mixtape), kind of a poppy neo-soul chill collection of songs. I chose it because it only runs about 22 minutes, haha. Very soulful, a little bit funky, kind of bluesy in places. I like it. I especially like Cinnamon Stix (Feat. Nathan Santos).

Ethiopiques - Live At Tff Rudolstadt
Ethiopiques
Recently I listened all the way through the 1 hour and 9 minute album Ethiopiques Live At Tff Rudolstadt. I saw this reccommendation on Facebook from Holly, so, good lookin' out on that one! I would call it international, folk, jazz, etc. Very good stuff!

Up next... Cymande, The Soul of Rasta, more international jazz/funk/reggae soul fusion. Check that link to read peoples' reviews on Amazon. One listener says, "its the Meters meets Carlos Santana, with a little bit of P-Funk thrown in on top."

No comments:

Post a Comment