Thursday, January 17, 2013

33 1/3 Cents a Pound New Episode 03 - January 17, 2013

The next episode of my music variety radio show podcast is up! Press play below to give it a listen! 


This week's show features music from different eras, different countries, and of course different genres -- as usual!  The program is all about sharing great music that I've been fortunate enough to listen to over the last 12 years (since I previously did my radio show).

Episode 04 features dub champion King Tubby, jazz guitarists Charlie Christian and Grant Green, Slick Rick, the Sounds, the Beatles, Nina Simone, and many more.

Press play below!




Years ago, when people used to trade burned CDs, people would give me all kinds of music. For the most part, I would stash it away somewhere and never listen to it. Eventually, though, I would give the disc a whirl -- or put it in iTunes and let it come up randomly. And most of what people gave me turned out to be good stuff!  Girlfriends, roommates, tour wookies, neighbors...everyone wanted to share their music with me.

So now I'm sharing it back out by way of a radio show podcast. Since I personally don't have the licensing rights to broadcast copyright music (or make it available for download) I use mixcloud to post my show. I also have some good DJ mixes up there in addition to the radio show. My Eminem Mix is one of the most popular such mixes on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment